Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly meme hosted by The Broke and the Bookish where we list our top tens! This week’s topic is “top ten authors I’d put on my auto-buy list.” I had a little bit of a hard time with this. There’s three or four that I would buy without even reading what it’s about. So I really had to think about this, with all the authors I read here’s my end result:
1) John Green – He’s my all time favorite author. If you haven’t read any of his books I suggest Looking for Alaska or The Fault in Our Stars. They’re two of my favorite books. He’s also written Paper Towns, An Abundance of Katherines, and Will Grayson, Will Grayson. He’s definitely on my autobuy list for the sole reason that while reading a book written by him I laugh, I cry, I get angry, I feel everything that the main character feels and that’s amazing to me.
2) Jason Myers – I own all of the books he’s written. Exit Here, The Mission, Dead End, and Run the Game. Jason Myers is on my autobuy list because once I pick up one of his books, I can’t put it down until the book ends.
3) Ellen Hopkins – Have you ever read anything by Ellen Hopkins? If yes, then I don’t even need to explain why she’s on this list. If not, I suggest you do this immediately. Identical is my favorite with Burned as a close second. Her books are unique in almost every way. How they’re written, what they’re about. She writes about the struggles that actual people go through and makes it known that there’s help out there.
4) Richelle Mead – I’m putting Richelle Mead on this list because she’s another favorite of mine. I was hooked from when I first read Vampire Academy, then she came out with Bloodlines and I was just as easily hooked. Her story is original and her characters are amazing. She’s another author you should look into reading if you haven’t already.
5) Nicholas Sparks – I have a weakness for really sappy romance novels, so Nicholas Sparks obviously has to be included in this. His books are always so cute and funny. His book, The Rescue is on my list of favorites. Although it wouldn’t be at the top of my list to buy his new book I would definitely make sure I bought it eventually.
6) Susan Elizabeth Phillips – By far my favorite romance author. When I read a book by her I’m giggling throughout most of the book. Though her books generally have a predictable story line (girl meets boy, falls in love, he doesn’t want her, she gets in some dangerous situation, he realizes he loves her, they live happily ever after) I still consider her one of my favorites.
7) Nora Roberts – She’s written a crazy amount of books. I definitely haven’t read all of them, but everyone that I have read has been an amazing read. Nora Robert’s is a phenomenal writer and she’s on this list because I’ve never read a book by her that I didn’t absolutely love.
8) Janet Evanovich – Mostly known for her books The Stephanie Plum Series, Janet Evanovich is another favorite. She’s written a few other series’ as well as a few stand alone novels. I’ve read almost every single one of her books. Her books are part of the reason I love reading so much, along with the next author on this list.
9) Iris Johanson – Her book The Ugly Duckling is the book that made me want to read. I will always read Iris Johanson for this reason. Although, I can admit I’ve been slacking on reading her books, I’m going to try to catch up on all those that I haven’t read yet. And eventually I’ll own all her books and add to the ten or eleven I already own.
10) James Patterson – Whether I’m reading any of his young adult books, like The Maximum Ride series, or one of his adult mystery novels like, The Woman’s Murder Club series, I’m hooked. James Patterson is a wonderful writer and I’d buy his book without reading what it’s about just because I already know I’m going to love it.
These authors are all among my favorites, part of the reason they’re even on this list.
Who’s on your list?
Keep on reading lovelys, Amanda.