Top Ten Tuesday was created by The Broke and the Bookish in June of 2010 and was moved to That Artsy Reader Girl in January of 2018. It was born of a love of lists, a love of books, and a desire to bring bookish friends together. This week’s topic for a list of ten things I’d have at my bookish party. (Choose ten things: items, accessories, food, people (real or fictional), decorations, activities, etc.) I’m going to do Top Ten People I’d want at my bookish party. My list will be a mix of characters and authors.
1. Nora Roberts- Nora is easily one of my favorite authors. I’ve read more than a hundred of her books and reread them many times. I’d be ecstatic to get to hang out with her.
2. Kendra from The Kendra Chronicles by Alex Flinn- If we’re gonna have a party we definitely need a witch there to make some magic.
3. Julia Quinn- She’s hysterical. I can’t help laughing out loud when reading her books even when I’m in public so I’m sure she’d have everyone dying laughing.
4. Alaska from Looking For Alaska by John Green- She’s the life of the party. I could never throw a bookish one without inviting her.
5. John and Hank Green- If you’ve ever watched any of the many vlogbrothers videos they have, you know these guys are highly entertaining.
6. Aelin from Throne of Glass by Sarah J. Maas- I’m sure she would cause tons of trouble but that’s half her charm, right?
7. Adrian from Bloodlines by Richelle Mead- He’s got to be on everyone’s bookish party list. He was the first character to pop into my head when I looked at this prompt.
8. Mark Watney from The Martian by Andy Weir- He had me laughing through the whole book. His humor is infectious.
9. Morrigan from A Court of Thorns and Roses by Sarah J. Maas- Maas knows how to write seriously badass women. I would absolutely love to raise hell with Mor.
10. Hermione from Harry Potter by J.K. Rowling- Confession time: Amanda and I were texting while I made this post and when I mentioned Hermione she joked about how Hermione and I would be off in the corner reading. Honestly? She’s probably 100% right and I’m not ashamed of that.
I had so much fun with this week’s prompt. Tell me all about the bookish party you would throw! Thanks for reading.