Top Ten Tuesday was created by The Broke and the Bookish in June of 2010 and was moved to That Artsy Reader Girl in January of 2018. It was born of a love of lists, a love of books, and a desire to bring bookish friends together. This week’s topic for a list of ten is signs that show I’m a book lover.
1. I have multiple bookshelves- This is kind of a sad one for me because I used to own nearly 2000 books but when I moved across the country a few years ago I had to get rid of most of my collection. I’m slowly building it back up but it’s not nearly as big as I want it to be.
2. I can use anything as a bookmark- I love decorative bookmarks but still tend to use whatever’s on hand i.e. receipts, scraps of paper, the book jacket, etc.
3. I have a never ending TBR list- We all know how this goes. You check off one book and add two.
4. I have books everywhere- There are books on every flat surface of my house.
5. I have too many favorites- I would never be able to pick just one or two.
6. I own multiple copies of my favorite books- I’m generally not one for collecting certain covers and I don’t mind if a series doesn’t match but I like having the different versions of my favorites.
7. I have reading goals- I have a yearly reading goal (that I’ve unfortunately been failing the past few years) and I keep a list of which books I’ve read so I can keep track of how many I read each month.
8. I read more than one book at a time- I’m frequently in the middle of multiple series that I switch back and forth between.
9. Books make me emotional- I couldn’t even begin to count the number of times a book has made me laugh out loud or shake with anger or sob uncontrollably.
10. I think about books long after I finish- I love those books that stay with you long after it’s ended. That you stay up at night thinking about for days or even weeks afterward.
I had so much fun with this week’s topic. What makes you a bookworm?