Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly meme now hosted by That Artsy Reader Girl. Each week we’re given a new prompt for a top ten list of all things bookish. This week’s topic is top ten books that I decided to DNF (did not finish) too quickly.
This one’s going to be a little bit weird because, while I’m not afraid to put a book down unfinished, I don’t remember which ones I’ve done it to. Usually when I DNF a book it’s right at the beginning so I just consider it unread and put it out of my mind. So this is going to be a list of five books I didn’t like enough to finish the series.
1. Outlander by Diana Gabaldon- I really liked this book. It was unique and had a great love story but made me extremely sad. My mother and sister ensured me over and over that it gets better but the fact that Jamie and Claire have to live apart for twenty years wasn’t okay with me so I never read any of the other books.
2. Fallen by Lauren Kate- I go into detail why I didn’t like this book in my review.
3. Game of Thrones by George R.R. Martin- I love the show and I love the story but I’ve never been able to read the books. I couldn’t get into the first one but that was mostly because I’d seen the show and I have trouble reading books after I’ve seen the show/movie. Then I tried picking up the books where the show had left off and still couldn’t get through them.
4. Shade of Vampire by Bella Forrest- I read the first three in the series but couldn’t make myself get past that. I don’t absolutely hate these books. I just had some trouble with the frequently immature characters. I might try to get back into them eventually.
5. Defiance by C.J. Redwine- I’m not entirely sure why this one’s on this list. I vaguely remember liking this book but apparently not enough to want to finish the series.
Well that’s my Top Five for this week. Sorry it’s a short one. Tell me what you think in the comments. Thanks for reading!