It’s Top Ten Tuesday time! This is a weekly meme hosted by The Broke and the Bookish where you create a top ten list based on that week’s chosen topic. This week is: “Top Ten Series I’d Like To Start But Haven’t Yet”. Here are mine, in no particular order.
1. The Gone Series by Michael Grant. This one’s on the list because Amanda’s been telling me to read it for awhile now. I’d like to try reading them, but there’s something about the series that’s made me hesitant to. I’ll probably end up reading them the next time there’s a slow time for books releases.
2. The Garden Trilogy by Nora Roberts. I’ve been meaning to read this trilogy for years. I love Nora Roberts and I’ve read so many of her books. For some reason though, I just haven’t taken the time to pick up this series.
3. Xanth by Piers Anthony. This is an older series of fantasy books. I’ve read the first few but there are currently thirty-eight books in this series. Yes, you read that right. Anthony created a world that is both extraordinary and relatable at the same time. He’s hilarious and has an obsession with puns that I seriously love.
4. Stephanie Plum by Janet Evanovich. Amanda’s also been trying to get me to read these ones for years. I’ve read one and want to read the others. They’re fast-paced and funny.
5. The Covenant Series by Jennifer L. Armentrout. I ABSOLUTELY LOVED the Lux series. I really want to read this one too. The characters she creates just make me so happy. Unfortunately, our libraries only have Half-Blood and Pure, so we’re probably going to have to wait on these ones.
6. The Heir Chronicles by Cinda Williams Chima. I really, really liked her Seven Realms series. From what I can tell, the Heir Chronicles have a different setting but still deal with wizards and warriors. This series is a little more contemporary than the Seven Realms and I’m really excited to see what else Chima comes up with.
7. A Song of Ice and Fire by George R. R. Martin. I’ve watched the first two seasons of the TV show and I’ve read half of the first book. I had to put stop because my mom stole it so she could read it and I haven’t gotten a chance to finish reading them. I love everything about this series so far. It has everything I like in a story and I can’t wait to see where Martin goes with this.
8. The Five Hundred Kingdoms series by Mercedes Lackey. These books are mostly stand-alone but all take place in the Five Hundred Kingdoms and occasionally have crossover characters. I’ve read one of them, Beauty and the Werewolf. They connect to fairy tales which has always been something that interests me. I’d really like to read the others.
9. The Hush, Hush Quartet by Becca Fitzpatrick. I borrowed these from Amanda months ago. They’ve just been sitting on my desk, all lonely and sad. It’s not that I don’t want to read them, because I do. I just always manage to put another book before them on my TBR list.
10. Eon by Alison Goodman. I’ve seen a few different reviews for the two books in this series and I’m really intrigued. Amanda and I actually have them on hold at the library so you’ll probably see reviews from us soon.